HRS is looking for a Finance Associate with an interest in a hands-on accounting role with significant level of personal ownership, exposure to strategic FP&A initiatives, and growth and leadership potential. In addition to managing in-house accounting, tax and finance responsibilities, you will also work directly with management in support of growth, operational improvement, and fundraising initiatives.
This position will report to our Controller and will be responsible for accounting, AR/AP management, intercompany accounting, and consolidated financial reporting. We are hiring for eagerness to learn as well as fit. Trust and communication are key as you will be joining a small team.
This is a full-time position based in Hoboken, NJ.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and posting transactions using NetSuite.
- Assist in developing and defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain and balance general ledger by preparing trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Manage tax documentation, payments, and credits.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Forecasting and budgeting for existing operations.
- Operational improvement projects.
- Supporting or leading strategic finance initiatives as required (e.g. business operations improvement)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA is a plus
- Previous relevant experience in financial accounting or similar gained at a major corporation, advisory firm, or technology startup
- Solid understanding of GAAP and business bookkeeping procedures
- Experience in working with NetSuite is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel user
- Excellent math skills and attention to detail
- Learning and problem-solving mindset
What we offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible hours and work environment
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance packages to fit your needs
- Flexible spending account for medical, commuter benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, and drinks
- Employee events and catered team lunches
- ZogSports Team
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest, most driven people in the industry and have fun while doing it!
Creating a new standard of care requires passion, drive, and the desire to make health care accessible, efficient, and effective. HRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are proud to celebrate and foster diversity within our workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.